Thank you for your interest in participating in the 2022 PVAMU Homecoming parade. To ensure your parade experience is a success, please review the information below:
The following rules and guidelines are to be met by all participants in the 2022 PVAMU Homecoming Parade. Any violations of these guidelines will result in forfeiture of participation in the parade and future parades.
All parties interested in participating in the Homecoming Parade must complete the following registration application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
There is no onsite registration.
Only one application per entity/group is allowed.
General Parade Guidelines
- Traditional Float Entries: All participants must provide their own pulling mechanism and transportation (if applicable). The pulling mechanism must consist of a maximum of one motorized vehicle.
- All vehicles MUST be driven by an individual with a current Driver’s License.
- All organizations applying to participate in the PVAMU Homecoming parade must upload a signed Parade Waiver Form via the online application portal (Questions # 9).
Parade Waiver Form
- NO alcoholic beverages or illegal substances will be allowed on or near the entries prior to or during the parade. If alcoholic beverages and/or illegal substances or their containers are found, or the person operating any type of vehicle (example: motorized, bicycles, etc.) is suspected of having consumed alcohol, the entry will be pulled from the parade. Police assistance will be used if necessary.
- Entries may not display any advertisement for alcohol or tobacco (examples: banners, logos, etc.).
- Motor Cycles – Absolutely no burning rubber or Spinning wheels, in any form or fashion. Noncompliance will result in removal.
- Throwing Items – At no time should any of the parade participants throw candy or other items from their vehicles, floats, and/or carriages to the crowd. This potentially endangers the welfare of patrons. An alternative would be to have some of your participants walk along the parade route and have any items given to individuals along the parade route. CANDY DISTRIBUTORS MUST WALK TO THE CURBSIDE TO HAND OUT CANDY. Please respect our concern for the safety of parade spectators.
- ALL ENTRIES WITH ANIMALS must have POOPER SCOOPERS!
- Proceed to your assigned location in the parade staging area no later than 7:00 a.m. so that the line-up can be positioned properly. The parade will begin at exactly 9:00 a.m. and the flow of entries will proceed according to the parade route and staging area maps.
- DO NOT bring non-permitted vehicles into the staging area. Additional vehicles will delay the start of the parade and will be towed at the owner’s expense. Police assistance will be used if necessary.
- At the end of the parade route, please be considerate of those following you and clear the area quickly. Explicitly follow the direction of parade personnel.
- All entries MUST check in NO LATER THAN 8:15 AM. Failure to do so may result in being denied entry into the parade event.
- The Homecoming Committee reserves the right to deny entry into the PVAMU Homecoming Parade to any entries that may pose a health/safety risk and/or are deemed offensive to the participants and the spectators of the Homecoming Parade.
- Any behavior problems or disorderly conduct by parade participants along the parade route will result in the elimination of parade entry.
Failure to adhere to these rules, or any other rules listed on the day of the event, will result in elimination from the parade. Additionally, individuals/organizations will forfeit one year of parade participation under any business or entity name.
Submitting the parade application does not guarantee participation in the parade. Applicants will be notified via email.
All inquiries regarding the 2022 PVAMU Homecoming parade should be directed to [email protected]. Please allow 24 hours for responses.